Game Changer: From ESPN Sports to Social Media Creator with Danyelle Sargent Musselman
Danyelle Sargent Musselman is a former sports anchor & television personality of 13 years for networks like ESPN, Fox Sports, and the NFL network. Danyelle started her career as a female sports anchor in a male-dominated industry. Danyelle is now married to Eric Musselman, head coach for the men’s basketball team, the Razorbacks, at the University of Arkansas. Danyelle has a remarkable influence within her community and shares everyday family, sports and philanthropic events on her social media channels. Her work on social media has also been a major asset and platform for her philanthropy work. She frequently hosts fundraising events for organizations like Coaches vs. Cancer, Make-A-Wish Foundation, New Beginnings, and more.
- In this episode, we cover:
- Making the huge jump from local to national television
- Is there equality in sports broadcasting?
- How Danyelle fell into content creation and the power of being authentic online
- How social media can be such a blessing and power for philanthropy work
- 2:09 Breaking the mold as a woman in sports broadcasting
- 4:02 What does working at ESPN look like?
- 5:25 Razorbacks men’s basketball coach, Eric Musselman
- 6:35 Is there equality in national sports broadcasting?
- 10:49 How Danyelle became an influential figure both online and in her community
- 12:34 Why authenticity in content creation is everything
- 15:01 How much work goes into creating content.
- 17:27 Creating space between family and social media
- 22:16 Social media is a blessing: Philanthropy work + community building
Links & Resources
To Follow Danyelle:
You can find our full episodes wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts:
Apple | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher
Want more from SheSpeaks?
* Sign up for our podcast newsletter HERE! *
- Connect with us on Instagram, FB & Twitter @shespeaksup
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org