When Business Turns Personal, Saving Lives with Laing Rikkers
Our guest in this episode is the founder of ProSomnus and author of Morning Leaves, Laing Rikkers. Laing is on a mission to educate people on the warning signs of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), especially after losing her sister to sleep apnea complications at age 46. Laing and her company have developed a life-changing device for sleep apnea patients. Laing is also the author of Morning Leaves, a gentle perspective on handling grief through natural observations.
- 4:44 What is Obstructive Sleep Apnea? What are the warning signs?
- 7:48 Why this is the best alternative device for sleep apnea.
- 9:51 Losing her sister to complications from sleep apnea.
- 12:13 An outlet for grief
- 15:12 The impacts of sleep apnea. Can it take 15 years off your life?
- 17:15 What steps should you take if you have OSA?
- 22:27 How to find a treatment that works with your lifestyle.
- 24:58 Why writing is healing for those grieving.
- 28:45 How grief can be a gift.
Links and Resources
To learn more about the Prosomnus Device: https://prosomnus.com/
To read Morning Leaves: https://www.laingrikkers.com/
You can find our full episodes wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts:
Apple | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher