The Culture of Influence with Jo Piazza
How much do influencers & creators impact our culture and the decisions we make? What has been the role of female creators and influencers in the evolution of the creator industry?
Our guest in this episode is Jo Piazza, a journalist, best-selling author, and host of the popular podcast “Under the Influence,” We sit down to discuss the cultural impact of influencers and the key role women have had in the industry’s evolution. Jo helps us explore the benefits and challenges of the influencer industry, especially for female creators, and the remarkable empowerment women find through social media.
We also discuss the potential need for regulations and accountability in the influencer space, especially regarding parenting, political views, and mental health. Jo also gives us a glimpse into her upcoming novel, “The Sicilian Inheritance,” a compelling story set in Sicily that weaves together history, feminism, and mystery. Check out the link below to learn more about the book and pre-order your copy – coming April 2024.
- 0:00 Jo’s diverse background and how she got started in the industry.
- 8:51 Who is Taylor Lorenz?
- 10:44 Income Transparency & Flexibility for Female Creators
- 14:09 Social Media Empowering Women to Earn
- 19:27 Positives and Challenges of Social Media
- 26:00 Jo’s NEW book, The Sicilian Inheritance
Links & Resources
Want more from SheSpeaks?
* Sign up for our podcast newsletter HERE! *
- Connect with us on Instagram, FB & Twitter @shespeaksup
- Contact us at email@example.com
- WATCH our podcast on YouTube @SheSpeaksTV
You can find our full episodes wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts:
Apple | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher