In 2019, SheSpeaks commissioned a Baby Care study with the goal of better understanding the following questions:
- What drives Mom’s purchase intent
- How Moms are engaging in social & with Baby Care Brands
- What causes mom to experiment & engage with new Baby Care brands and products
- What is the role of Dads in today”s decision-making processes
Our 3 Topline Findings From the Baby Care Study
1. Facebook Engagement is Down and Instagram Engagement is Up for Moms
While Facebook is still important as a resource for finding out about baby products, the importance of the platform has declined while Instagram has increased. Pinterest has also decreased slightly and importantly not grown in importance as a product resource over the last 2 years.
2. Product Reviews on Shopping Sites are More Important than Before for Moms
The importance of product reviews in driving purchase decisions has increased significantly since 2017 representing a 16% increase.
3. Dad’s Involvement in Purchase Decisions Has Decreased
Perhaps surprisingly, our surveying shows, according to Moms, Dads are less involved in purchase decisions than they were in 2017, representing a 9% drop.
You can find the full report below. We hope that you find it useful. If you have questions, please feel free to contact Carol Milliron at firstname.lastname@example.org.