For the 10th year in a row, we fielded our annual SheSpeaks Holiday Shopping Survey. Over 1,500 women from the SheSpeaks community across the U.S. completed the study.
One key insight is that although, the recession is on womens’ minds, they say it will not impact their holiday spending.
The following are some of the insights from this year’s study along with trend analysis. We have also included a handy infographic below.
SheSpeaks 2022 Holiday Shopping Women’s Buying Behavior Index
- 38% of women say that they are “concerned” about their personal finances. A 36% increase vs. 2021
- 64% of women believe that the US economy is declining. A 19% increase over 2021.
- Will Spend More this Holiday Season: 11%
- Will Spend The Same: 48%
- Will Spend Less: 41%
- #1 Overwhelmed
- #2 Grateful
- #3 Hopeful
- #4 Uncertain
- Women Will be Shopping Later This Year: 48% will shop before Thanksgiving in 2022 vs. 56% in 2021
- Black Friday Shopping is Back: 50% of women say that they plan to shop on Black Friday and increase of 17% year over year.
Interested in more data from our Holiday Shopping Survey or want to discuss implications for your brand, please contact us.