SheSpeaks Coronavirus Survey Wave 7
Since the pandemic began, SheSpeaks has run multiple waves of surveys about the coronavirus and its impact on our community. Our latest coronavirus survey, Wave 7, tells us that as states have re-opened, consumers are venturing out more and more. As a supplement to the coronavirus survey, we also asked our members about the current social unrest sweeping the country.
[Prior Coronavirus Surveys: Waves 1&2, Wave 3, Wave 4, Wave 5, Wave 6]
COVID Survey: June 17-22, 2020 and 1,473 respondents completed the survey
Social Unrest Survey also fielded June 17-22 with 1,121 respondents
Throughout this report we will supply comparison to past waves of our study series.
- Uncertainty is #1 Emotion: Consumers are feeling Uncertain (56%), Hopeful (38%), Frustrated (37% and Anxious (37%). However, they are less Anxious (-18pt), less Uncertain (-13pt) and more Hopeful (+11pt) vs. late March when COVID-19 was initially spreading.
- Consumer Believe that Protests Help Will Bring Change: 54% of respondents said that the protests would help usher change in the US. This is up 74% (+23pt) from our June 2 survey.
- As States Have Re-Opened Consumers Are Venturing Out: 51% of consumers say they have visited businesses that have re-opened and another 20% plan to do so soon. 44% have been to friends/family home and 28% have gone out to eat at a restaurant.
- Good News for Food Brands: Consumers have spent 62% more time cooking at home since the Coronavirus crisis began. Close to 50% of shoppers say that they will continue cooking at home as much as they are now.
- Summer & Holiday Plans are Up In the Air: Just 20% of consumers say they will take a vacation, another 19% are Not Sure Yet and 19% are planning a Staycation. 62% of parents are concerned that their children will be bored over the summer. While 49% of consumers plan to get together with friends/family over the summer days more than 21% are “unsure.” 52% say they will get together over the end of year holidays 37% still “unsure.”
If you have any questions, or would like more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org